Did you know that you can earn rewards for paying your rent? With the Bilt Rewards Mastercard, you not only earn rewards for paying rent, but you can do it without paying any fees. In this article, we'll go over five things you need to know about the Bilt Rewards card.
1. No Fees
The Bilt Rewards program is free to join, and holding the Bilt Mastercard enhances your rewards earning potential. If your rental unit is part of the Bilt Alliance, you can pay your rent through the Bilt Rewards app and earn points. If your rental unit is not part of the alliance, you can still pay rent through the app for free, but you won't earn rewards unless you have the Bilt Mastercard.
2. Competitive EarningsThe Bilt Rewards card is not just for rent. As a Mastercard, it can be used anywhere Mastercards are accepted. With the Bilt Mastercard, you will earn:
- 3 points per $1 spent on dining.
- 2 points per $1 spent on travel.
- 1 point per $1 spent on rent (up to 50,000 points annually).
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
3. Plenty of Reward OptionsThe rewards earned through the Bilt program can be redeemed in various ways, including:
- Future home down payment
- Travel: transfer points to travel partners such as American Airlines, Air Canada, Hyatt, etc.
- Fitness: redeem points for classes with SoulCycle, Rumble, etc.
- Home decor and curated art
4. Varying Point ValuesThe value of the points used towards rent will vary by building and management company, and the value of points used towards down payments will be up to 1.5 cents each. The value of points used for other redemptions may vary.
5. Monthly Spending RequirementThe only catch with the Bilt Mastercard is that you need to make five purchases per month to be eligible to earn rewards. There's no minimum purchase amount, but this means you'll have to use the card for more than just rent to earn rewards.
In conclusion, the Bilt Rewards Mastercard offers a unique opportunity for renters to earn rewards on their largest monthly expense, rent. With no fees to join or hold the card, users can pay their rent for free using the Bilt Rewards app, and earn points on everyday purchases. The earnings structure is competitive, with the card offering rewards on dining, travel, and other purchases. Reward options are plentiful, with the ability to redeem points for future rent, home down payments, travel, fitness, and more. Although the values of the points may vary, the Bilt Rewards Mastercard is a solid choice for renters looking to maximize their rewards.